Tuesday, June 17, 2014

There is Another


Oh Luke, one more thing...


Pilgrimage is a virtuous activity, and I see many extra benefits to it in our North American context.  Ever see one of those pictures from an old country where there are thousands of people gathered?  Or the really long pilgrimage done every year in Kursk.  A pilgrimage also reminds us that we are part of a large group that has been called together for the salvific purposes of Christ's Holy Church.  In a group, we find support and we find camaraderie.  Fellow Star Wars fans, I have found a group that  shares our interests. 
   Last summer, I remembered seeing a group online that was hosting Doxacon - a "gathering where Orthodox fans of the science fiction and fantasy genres could discuss their mutual interests in the framework of Orthodox Christianity."  I thought I was alone.  I thought I was the only one in the galaxy with the specific interests of this blog.  But "There is another."  It seems there are many others.  The second Doxacon is being held this summer in Washington state.  Take a look at their webpage and enjoy yourself while learning about the faith.  But do notice the sad lack of Star Wars material.  I hope that gets fixed soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment